Confidence means that we have you covered at Jubilee Ford.
Drive Axle – All internally lubricated parts; Gear Cases and Housings if damaged as the result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part; Axle Shafts and Bearings; C.V. and Universal Joints; Propeller Shafts.
Transmission/Transfer Case – All internally lubricated parts; Gear Cases and Housing if damaged as the result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part; Torque converter; Vacuum Modulator Valve.
Engine – All internally lubricated parts; Engine Block, Heads and Intake/Exhaust Manifolds if damaged as a result of a mechanical failure to an internally lubricated part; Water Pump; Thermostat and Thermostat Housing.
MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-OWNED VEHICLES – In order to maintain Your eligibility for rewards under this Loyalty Certificate, You are required to have Your oil and filter changed and Your tires rotated at the Serv ice Intervals shown to the right, at Our service department or the service department of any Tricor dealership. In addition, You are required to perform all other manufacturer required and recommended procedures at Our service department or the service department of any Tricor dealership. Go to www.tricorauto.com for a list of authorized Trico dealerships. You must have all maintenance services performed within 1,500 kilometres of the manufacturer recommended Service Intervals. “Factory” refers to the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule. If Your vehicle is equipped with a “Maintenance Minder”, “Oil Life Monitoring System”, or other manufacturer engine service monitoring system, then You must have Your oil changes and tire rotations performed at least every 12,000 kilometres. If the Service Intervals are not marked, then the default intervals shall be 5,000 kilometres for the oil and filter change and 10,000 kilometres for the tire rotation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS – Your compliance with the maintenance requirements will be audited by Us through Our service records. Upon Our request, We reserve the right to require You to provide Us with proof that the maintenance requirements have been met. In addition to the maintenance requirements outlined above, within 90 days after the 10 year anniversary of the Vehicle Purchase Date, and every 5 years thereafter (within 90 days), You are required to confirm that You (a) still own the vehicle; and (b) You have maintained Your vehicle as required. You may submit Your confirmation by certified mail to the following address: Confirmation Dept. PO BOX 2082, OH, 43017, USA.
Loyalty Certificate does NOT provide coverage for any of the following:
1. Defects or repair problems that result form collision, abuse, misuse or negligence.
2. Defects or repairs problems that result from lack of adequate maintenance after You bought the vehicle.
3. Repair or replacement of a covered part of the repair or replacement is covered by a repairer’s warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty, an extended service contract, or if the manufacturer otherwise agrees to repair or replace the part.
4. Repair or replacement of a covered part of the damage was caused by the failure of a non-covered part.
5. Replacement of maintenance items (such as spark plugs, ignition points, positive crankcase ventilator valve, filters, lubricants and oil, electrical items) made in connection with normal maintenance services.
6. Damage caused by Your failure to take or cause to be taken, reasonable precautions to prevent damage when an apparent problem exists (e.g. change in engine temperature condition, unusual noises, leaking fluid, shaking, unusual shifting, etc.).
7. Damage caused by the lack of proper and/or necessary amounts of coolant or lubricants or caused by sludge buildup, contaminant(s) or foreign object(s).
8. Replacement of, or repairs to, parts of the vehicle not listed on this Loyalty Certificate as covered parts.
9. Gradual reduction in operating performance due to normal wear and tear (the natural and inherent wear characteristic of automotive parts) and not resulting from the failure of a covered part.
10. Oil loss or use not resulting from the failure of a covered part.
11. Failure of any part of the odometer or if it has been tampered with or has been disconnected subsequent to Your purchase of the vehicle.
12. Fluids, seals and gaskets unless required in connection with the repair or replacement of a covered part.
13. Vehicles used for commercial purposes including but not limited to construction purposes, delivery purposes, commercial towing, commercial farm operation, volunteer public service(s), snow plowing, rental, livery, taxi, any type of emergency vehicle, or competitive or off-road racing.
14. Repair or replacement to any part if You have not maintained Your eligibility under the Lifetime Powertrain Loyalty Program.
15. Repair or replacement of hybrid or electric vehicle specific components.
16. Repair or replacement of any part of the vehicle’s powertrain components, exhaust system or suspension system have been modified in any manner not approved by the manufacturer.
17. Damage caused by accident, civil commotion or riot, nuclear contamination, collision or upset, glass breakage, earthquake, explosion, falling objects, fire or smoke, flood, fluid contamination, freezing, hail, lightning, malicious mischief, fuel contamination, oil contamination, rust, corrosion or electrolysis, theft or larceny, vandalism, water, water contamination, windstorm and other external forces or events.
18. Vehicles where the tires size is different from the front to back.
19. Vehicles owned by the dealer or employees of the dealership.
20. Vehicles used for towing or pulling outside of the manufacturer’s towing capacity.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
1. If You fail to maintain Your eligibility under this Loyalty Certificate, then it shall become void and Your vehicle will no longer be eligible for repairs.
2. 90 days and 5,000 kilometres must elapse from the odometer reading on the date this Loyalty Certificate was issued in order to be eligible for repairs.
3. Failure to return to this issuing dealership or any Tricor dealership for the maintenance services required under the ELIGIBILITY SECTION will void Your coverage under this Loyalty Certificate. In the event that You are traveling 500 kilometres away from the issuing dealership, You will be permitted to complete one required service each year at any licenses repair facility. You will be required to submit proof of this service to Your issuing dealership’s service department within 30 days of returning home. If You have complied with the eligibility guidelines under this Loyalty Certificate, the service department will validate Your invoice when You return to the dealership within the time period stated above. You will be required to retain Your copy of the service invoice. You may be asked to provide proof of this service invoice at claim time; failure to do so will void Your coverage under this Loyalty Certificate.
4. In the event service is performed at a Tricor dealership other than the issuing dealership, You will be required to retain Your copy of the service invoice, You may be asked to provide proof of this service invoice at claim time; failure to do so will void Your coverage under this Loyalty Certificate.
5. The total amount payable for any single incident of repair and/or replacement shall not exceed the actual cash value of the vehicle immediately prior to the breakdown. This determination will be made using the average trade-in value form the most recent National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) guide.